Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships
Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships’. (Quoted from the Early Years foundation Stage 2012, Positive Relationships).
Fees are £15.00 per session. Parents in receipt of benefits may qualify for subsidised fees at £7.50 per session please see Helen or Julie for details. Lunch club £5.00 per session.
TOG runs pre-school sessions for children over 2 years of age. We have a maximum of 18 children per session, with a high staff ratio, of one adult to every 3 children with some having individual support.
You and your child will be given a Key Person who will help you and your child to settle at TOG, developing positive relationships.
All Key Adults are highly skilled (level 3 qualified) in supporting children with specials needs; these include children with Downs syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Complex medical needs, Speech and Language or general development delay and physical disabilities.
TOG uses a Somerset Total Communication approach which includes signing and the use of photos, and provides a stimulating environment planning for each Childs individual interest and need in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage, Sept 2021.
Our building is a safe and secure environment with outside doors secured once all the children are in, parents, carers and visitors are requested to always sign in and are allowed through by a member of staff.
We have a lovely spacious playroom with a messy play area (which we also use for snack and lunch club), conservatory and outside playground with safety flooring and two specialist swings. TOG also has 2 Sensory Rooms one dark and one light, for babies and children who would benefit from the specialist lights and equipment.
We have a designated bathroom and cloakroom where children can hang up their bags/coats on their own peg (which has their own photo with name on it). In the bathroom we have nappy changing facilities, child sized toilets and basins and some potties.
Meeting the children’s needs
Other support and agencies
- Contact.org helpline has lots of helpful advice on disability living allowance, carer’s allowance amongst other advice. Phone 0808 808 3555
- Family fund https://www.familyfund.org.uk/
- Free nappies (once aged 4) see Doctor or Health Visitor for advice
- Short Breaks (we can add parents to the distribution list please ask Helen)
- Children with Disabilities service https://choices.somerset.gov.uk/025/send/children-with-disabilities-service/
- Charities for help with funding individual items.
- Escape, a parent support group that organises lots of days out and activities
- Early Years Entitlement (EYE)